Sunday, July 15, 2012

I am so disgusted...


Can I be honest with you?
Well here it comes anyways… I am frustrated my friends. I am so agitated about something,  I literally feel like I might jump out of my own skin. My hubby tells me, he is not quite sure what I am attempting to convey when I say this.
I understand,

it sounds weird…

Maybe even a little gross,

but I am going to burst if I do not start speaking out about it.

So here it is.
I am extremely passionate about missions and evangelism. I am avid about waking up the American church from its cushy slumber in its safe little bubble. I know that not all of the American church is asleep. Some are vibrantly living out the call of Christ. They are getting themselves dirty in the grips and joys of ministry, but I am so sick and tired of the other 80% who are for a variety of reasons sitting in a pew doing nothing.

 I feel disgusted with us. 

Did you catch that? I said us, myself, included because I have those moments too. Days and weeks where I slip into the misery of going to church for solely and sadly only what, “I” can get out of it.

I am not saying that I hate Christians or the people who attend church. No, I am telling you I am heartbroken. There are times when I have been tearful for how far down WE have fallen as a people of an amazing, all powerful and loving God. I find myself at a boiling point for the people that go without because “we” will not step forward and give of ourselves or share God’s amazing love story.  We are missing out on so much my friends and sadly others are missing out as well…

Please understand, my disgust is not a seething, “I am done with you.” kind of disgust. It’s more of a, “Come on!  Seriously?  We need to wake up here people!”
This “American dream” spin that we have put on Jesus’ words and converted into our day to day Christianity here in the US is so far from what Jesus actually did. It is light years away from the way He walked and spoke with people. Ugh! I am disgusted by us.

My heart is breaking for those who don’t know Jesus.
     
                            The Real Jesus.

    Not the   plastic     empty     inconsistent   version that a lot of 

              American Christians are displaying for people to see.


 These people don’t even know how absolutely amazing Jesus is. How great God’s love is for them, how… I could go on and on,
but I need to sum this up.
So here it is,
My next series of blogs on Mondays will be about becoming active and vibrant in your faith. About what this will mean to you and the people who surround you.  These blogs, I pray, will challenge us to identify the lies the enemy has been weaving into our Christian mindsets and we have been choosing to believe. They will be about the amazing joys and heartaches that occur when you finally answer God’s call.
THE  CALL.

THE CALL that he gave to All of Us who choose to follow Him.

  Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
                                                                 -Matthew 28:18-20

So are you in?
Are you ready to go all in for Jesus and see where He takes you?
I will say it again, it will be the best adventure you will ever choose to take. 
Please consider signing up and following this blog series by email. Let's take this adventure together.

No comments:

Post a Comment