Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Prayers and a story unfinished...



As I write this today I have tears wetting the corners of my eyes. Even though laughter echoes through my home as dainty little feet pitter-patter around and precious sing song voices call for a fashion show bounce off the walls and into my heart.

Two little munchkins twirl by in a swish of tulle and lace in their dress-up gowns of blue and pink… 

They are little moments of sunshine on this grey, wet, and rainy day.

But I know as this unfolds here that my dear sweet sister in Christ is holding her Daddy’s hand.

She along with her mother and sister are bravely making big, hard, heart wrenching decisions as her Daddy’s life hangs in the balance.

As the sounds echo in the hospital room, as she sits, stands, and paces weary from the mental, emotional, and physical exhaustion.

While she walks the halls of the hospital with questions fraying the edges of her mind and she stretches her tired frame from the many days of riding a roller coaster that no one intends to buy a ticket for. One filled with hospitals moves and surgical procedures, hopeful moments and scary ones too…

I ask and plead for you to pray for them. I ask for you to pray for her sweet Father for healing.
 If you met him my friends, I am sure you would adore him too.

My poor words cannot do justice to his quiet, friendly, and easy going nature. A nature which takes great joy in discovering the items others have tossed out, and deemed worthless. He would then work tenaciously to restore these objects, giving them renewed purpose and life again.

A beautiful reflection of how our Heavenly Father works in our lives daily.

And so as I hear the voices of her sweet girls playing with mine filter like rays of sunlight through my home…

 I ask that you would hold her, her sweet Daddy, and their family in your prayers as the sounds of hushed voices, machines, and beeps echo in their ears.

Today as my mom put it,
“God is all powerful. If God wants him now we cannot stand in His way...”

We will be praying.

God will let us know whether it is time for him to go home to his beautiful place in heaven or whether her  sweet Daddy is to bless us with his presence by remaining here for some time to come.

Please pray my friends.

Will you join me?

James 5:13-15a

Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up.

Phillipians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment