Friday, April 26, 2013

Blog Issues, Updates, and... Hey! The Sun is Actually Shining!!!

Hi Everyone!

Well, I have to apologize for I have been a bit quiet on here the last 2 weeks. Mainly due to some issues I am having with Disqus.  They promised "seamless integration with any platform" on their website, but this apparently does not apply to mine. ("Argh!" does not begin to cover it.)

 My comments have returned to me in utter discord. They are completely out of order and because of this, sound a bit nonsensical now.(In other words...my replies to other people's comments sometimes appear all in a row like I am having imaginary conversations with myself on my own blog.) 

 Disqus and I have been communicating and I truly hope they can fix it, but so far they are not being very helpful. :P
I will keep you posted. (Seriously, they need warning labels on their site.)

Moving on...



I am happy to tell you that I am still on the adventure of doing Seven. (A book that encourages a mutiny against excess.)  Some of the fab chickies from our youth group have also joined in. They have been a huge encouragement to me. I have now done the food fast twice, the clothing fast and our whole family did the media fast. (Pssss... We are about to start a mutiny against Stress, if you would like to join us.)

When I get some more time I will have to write out some posts on it. I can tell you this, at the start of each fast I am nervous about the craziness that is about to ensue, but by the end of each one I absolutely desire it to become a way of life for myself and our family.

Thank you Jen Hatmaker we are wrecked for normal in the best possible way. ;)






And on that note I have never been one who is okay with normal anyways. The last 2 years have been nothing if not a time of the Lord opening our eyes to His Word like never before. 

He has been turning things upside down and then right side up again and it's a beautiful kind of mess that has ensued. What an amazing adventure and blessing it has been. I am excited to see whats next. My God, You rock!





Oh and one more thing...The sun is actually shining!?! This is a big deal for us. It has been raining and raining and raining and ...Well you get the idea. ;)

Time to get out with my kids and go for an adventure! Bike rides, sidewalk chalk art, and climbing a tree...

How are you doing?







No comments:

Post a Comment